Saturday, January 23, 2010

HAWAII

Rich got accepted to present research at a military convention in Hawaii. He and a few others from his ortho program were going the week before Christmas. I decided to tag along and make a fun vacation out of it! Had to take advantage of those military covered expenses!! And we brought little Ty with us while Grandma came to watch the rest of the boys. The entire trip was a blast. Ty was an amazing baby like always. We went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, kayaked at Kailua Beach, saw the sites at Pearl Harbor, hit some fun stuff on North Shore, etc.!
THE LUAU
Ty just loved all the attention he was getting and lots of time with Dad!

The military had a few fun games planned throughout the week. There was a big contest between the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
Hiking Diamond Head!

11 comments:

The Goodman Family said...

Great pictures! I wish I would have went with Gens :( It looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

Candice said...

What a fun trip! I'm glad you were able to go! Cute pictures!

Jessie said...

looks like you guys had a blast! I love sharks cove! That is where I would always go snorkeling when I went to BYU-H. Glad you guys got to go!

hayley said...

How fun! We went to all those same places in HI when we visited my cousin who's husband was in the military. I want to go back without my kids!! It's gorgeous. You guys look so happy:)

Cyndy Parkinson said...

Very cute!! MOM

Parkinson Family said...

lucky! that looks so fun!! and ty looks so cute!

Jody said...

i'll update my blog more with pictures once u teach me how to make it cute like yours!!! oh guess what!! we just got photoshop!! the only problem is that i don't know how to use it :-) (we got it before christmas and I still haven't opened it!) typical!! Looks like you had so much fun in hawaii! i'm totally jealous!! mark and I want to take a big trip before he starts law school in august, any suggestions??

Jody said...

i'll update my blog more with pictures once u teach me how to make it cute like yours!!! oh guess what!! we just got photoshop!! the only problem is that i don't know how to use it :-) (we got it before christmas and I still haven't opened it!) typical!! Looks like you had so much fun in hawaii! i'm totally jealous!! mark and I want to take a big trip before he starts law school in august, any suggestions??

Kari said...

How fun! We love Hawaii but haven't taken the kids yet. Someday. Looks like you guys had a blast! Great pics!

brooke said...

Jealous! I want to go to Hawaii. Ty is so cute. He is getting so big. We missed you guys at the cousins party. Maybe next time!

Raquel said...

what a way to spend a vacation. So were you towing your little man behind while kyaking? Where was he?